Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wayward Seed CSA





I am so excited for our CSA to start!
Do you use a local CSA?
We are trying Wayward Seed Farm this year for our summer veg and fruit.
The farm is a bio-intensive, organic method farm specializing in heirloom vegetables.
They have the coolest veggies at the Market I always note.
(and very hip owners)
Esoteric veggies.
Gorgeous fruits.

It will make me a better chef I think.
I am going to learn to make jam this summer.
Can someone teach me? :)

photos from the wayward seed site and I heard that the lovely Lisa may have snapped these. xo

6 comments:

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

We are signed up for the Wayward Seed fruit share for the second year in a row.

I love to can and would be happy to teach you. I'm doing a class at Wild Goose on August 1 from 7 - 9 pm or you can come over another day when I'm jamming.

PS. I think many of those photos are ones Lisa (www.restaurantwidow.com) took.

Boston Mamas said...

After several years of meaning to, and forgetting to, sign up, we're psyched for our CSA to start this year. I know some people don't like the surprise factor, but I'm looking forward to some inspiration to get out of various vegetable ruts. -Christine

TexasBobbi said...

What an great idea.

T.J. said...

saw your blog over at Joann's and had to stop by when I saw you were mentioning a CSA. Oh how I love our CSA! I live in Vermont and this will be our 3rd year with a CSA.

The first year I was overwhelmed by all the loveliness, but I've gotten my act together and now figured out how to eat the produce through the summer and freeze or can the rest of it to last most of the winter. You can tell we're getting close to the start of the season because all I've got left around here are some frozen cabbage and cauliflower, one jar of tomatoes and 1 half eaten jar of applesauce!!

Enjoy Wayward seed :)

180360 said...

We don't have a CSA here so I'm growing all my own fruit/veg/herbs this year! Nothing beats opening my back door and grabbing ingredients...

Heather said...

I must check into a CSA, its been on my list for a while.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails