Friday, July 2, 2010

A Pea in the XL Pod/ Maternity Chic for the plus size #3





Maternity Hack for Plus Size #3

MAKE SHAPES

Gabby wrote about this line that is from (GASP) Walmart the other day here.
I can count on my hand the times I have shopped at Walmart but the price and the the shape got me lusting after this shirt.
The
Norma Kamali - Maternity Jersey Kimono Top seriously fits like a dream on me.
The above photos are not so great- I used a timer setting and am NO photog- but look at the shape! The shape is key.


Shape is very important to dressing your body.
Use beautiful shapes to show off your curves.
Balance out form fitting tops with looser skirts this hot summer season.
Don't try and take the focus off the big belly- FOCUS on it!
Form fitted is not scary! (Repeat several times)

COME ON! 14.00 dollars for this shirt!
It feels great and I cannot believe it is from the big W.
I know I am against buying much this time around (because it is the LAST)
BUT> I think I can wear this after the baby FOR REAL.
I spend 14.00 on useless crap every time I walk into Target. YO!


I am pairing it with a 2003 Target Liz Lange skirt and fun shoes for a day look and thinking about how I could make this look really chic for a evening wedding I have this month with a black skirt and heels. Versatile. Truly.

for more ideas:
#1 here
and
#2 here


Be Brave.
xo

13 comments:

mommaruthsays said...

You look splendid! And I adore that top, wow.

Petit Elefant said...

Fabulous.

Really. There's such a gap in the market for plus size maternity, it's a little shocking.

Unknown said...

I am so happy you are writing about this, I was miserable while preggo. YOU, are gorgeous.

K said...

You look great! You need the side belly shot though :-)

Neil said...

Even pregnant, you have a flair for the dramatic.

Secret Agent Mama said...

You are a gorgeous, radiant, lovely woman, Amy!! I still squeee thinking about our time at Blissdom. We must sleep in the same room again in the future.

LOVE.

wishful nals said...

shape is very important, agreed! i love great finds!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

you're gorgeous, woman. I LOVE that top picture. The lighting with the dark shapes of the shirt look really, really cool.

Fanny - anosenfants said...

Wow I love how you take your pictures to show your maternity. Very inspiring.
I give you some french adresses for your pregnancy
the Mood kit
http://www.oefshop.com
Egg magazine
http://www.my-egg.fr

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You are amazing! :)

Steph

TexasBobbi said...

Girl you could even pull that skirt off at a wedding to have a pop of color.

TexasBobbi said...

Girl you could even pull that skirt off at a wedding to have a pop of color.

Kaylovesvintage said...

you look ...love the top

and I want a target here.....now

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails