Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My kid has ten more days of Kindergarten left

my day is like a decent Ingmar Bergman student
the kid with a black turtleneck
driving a carmengia
lean and ready for anything a night can bring
after days in dark
flickering classrooms
the kind of kid that
may not understand the movie
really
no matter what the kid hears
and the mouth moves
and the kid sees the word existentialism be formed
three different ways by an older person's lips
pink and old
not really understanding it all
but feeling it just like
good old Ingmar really wanted
some days spread out like sexy Swedish blondes
they just make you feel
and you sit scrunched up forming wrinkles
towards the future

5 comments:

Brené said...

love this. makes me weepy.

TexasBobbi said...

Wow, I am a crying fool.

Joanne said...

fabulous fabulous fabulous! I love dear old Mr Bergman. great poem.

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

I love your poetry.

Kim said...

I too am a crying fool.. My boy only has 20 something days left.. I cannot believe life is moving this quickly.. This mama is not ready..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails