Friday, January 29, 2010

Love, Friday


This week I only wish I had a letter penned by my mother or my father.
I wish I had one. I don't-but I know their secrets.
Long ago I would sneak lookies at cards they left for each other on the wooden kitchen table.
At the bottom of the card, under a signature was always ILYTM in tiny capitals.
On his cards. On her cards.
ILYTM
I found out later, when I had the courage to ask, that it meant:
I Love You The Most
ahhhhh
What little love letter quirks do you do?

4 comments:

Tara R. said...

My husband and I sign our names T.B. and E.B (not our real initials), nicknames we gave each other when we were first dating. I add 'aaf' on my letters and cards too - always and forever.

I've kept all our love letters. When we started dating, there was no internet, no email. We wrote real letters to each other - perfumed. You can't get that from an Instant Message.

Anonymous said...

when times are fighty i grad my loved one and i rap my arms around her and jump up and down. she in turn grabs on and jumps too. it's called "bouncing" one can only laugh when bouncing. it's a love note for sure

Anonymous said...

inside my wedding band rj had TWBNO engraved. and i didn't know until our wedding day. on a day after an enormous fight last night...i suddenly feel like lovin' on him! :)

xoxo
bsmell

krista said...

we started saying 'guess what?' and the answer was 'i love you.'
very early on, however, the 'guess what?' became a game where the other person would lose if they actually said 'what?'
four years and one baby later, 'guess what?' has turned into our shorthand for 'i love you.'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails