Saturday, January 17, 2009

"By all means move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me. "

I am looking for a tuxedo shirt like this one.
I have a tux style shirt and I wear it out, but I want like a man's old school vintage one to rock.
Like Tony Clifton would wear.
I want a flower on it like in the picture and I want to wear it open and show a little skin.
It is my hunt. I think the thrift shop is where I will start. I would like it in a ridiculous color too. I thought it would be simple to find photos of sexy ladies sporting these old vintage shirts for dress up nights. You know for inspiration...
I searched flickr and really didn't find too much.
I shall start the trend. Just like I started the trend of cutting off my Chuck Taylor's before they even made low styles. Yeah and I did.
In Logan, Ohio.

title post- The Devil Wears Prada 2006

7 comments:

dee said...

Love that quote...always gets me! You little trend-setter.

Kaylovesvintage said...

now I want on also, no yellow please, so go hunting girl

bernthis said...

what about Craigs List, Ebay? Sorry if you've already tried that like a million years ago. I'm always a lot behind.

Amber said...

Love the quote, Meryl Streep was amazing in it.
But....
At my formal and then prom in 1975, yes I am old, my boyfriend wore a powder blue one and then a yellow one, both with ruffles. I can't believe I am vintage.

Kim Baise said...

For our wedding in Niagara Falls, my husband wore a yellow one with black stitching on the borders and I wore a vintage 40's wedding dress. So Fun!
You should go to www.rustyzipper.com
They have some nice ones... there's a really sweet light blue one with black stitching:)
But, I think Youngstown, Ohio has the BEST Thrift store in all America.

Jean Martha said...

Yay for the Tony Clifton reference!!

vincent said...

There is a site called Party Pants I found. I don't know anything about them, but they have them in all sorts of colors...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails