Friday, July 11, 2008

And we would scream together songs unsung




pretty patti images

We went into the city today on the bus. It was a great day full of friends, window shopping, walking, playgrounds, and energy. We were lucky to have dad meet us here for ice cream.

We are really lucky that this is working out. I have been home a whole year now. A whole year as a stay at home/work a little at home mama...It cannot have been a whole year already. Things are working out and I had little faith last year. I forget to focus on the fact that I have a really strong man for a husband. I am lucky. I see the look in some pals eyes, I know I won the lottery with soul mates. I got the whole shebang and I really do sit and shake my head some times at my charmed little luck. I forget that even with the crappy luck in the housing market and two mortgages, that we are making this work because we are a pretty damn good team.

I wanna stay home another year at least. I am putting it out to the universe that I am so open and ready for my writing to start to carry more of our weight. I am so putting it out there that as cool as it is that Joe can meet us for cones, it still makes me sad that today will be a 14 hour physical day on his strong smooth shoulders.

I will sit this weekend hunched over my novel and think about how very odd it is that a dream that was once just my little spark, my little beacon, glowing inside of me since I was a kid ( to write a book) has become just as much about these people I love and how they share this dream with me now. My goals and aspirations are now lovingly taken care of by more than just my heart. My dreams have been resuscitated by Joe, blown life back into lungs and he has helped me find a way home. He has helped me to find a way to write my stories again and his support opened a door inside of me as a mother that was once shut. I am sappy with my love for him on this hot sticky day. Happy Weekend. Kiss yr mate today. That is an order.







***Found out they are droog design lights for those of you who asked! I love them so! Charly from Jenis Ice Cream told me!!!





Get me delivered to yr email xo

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... congratulations on writing your novel. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Melanie said...

This is beautiful, Amy. Kudos for making space for your dream.

Popsicles & Lollipops said...

I am happy what you thought might not, has worked so well. I am sure the appreciation for your spouse is a bit of a mutual admiration society...as you seem to be shouldering quite a bit and quite well it seems!

Anonymous said...

You are inspiring - I love to hear stories like yours.

Anonymous said...

DONE!

What a great, great post. I love the love you have for your hubby (I've got the same for mine). I love how you are following your passion and just making it work. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

You and the Mister are quite the inspiration. I've so enjoyed following along in your journey for this short time. all the best!

Rowena said...

Great post. You are lucky, yes, you are.

I hope your writing takes off and allows you to follow your dreams. And I hope the same for me.

Yay for for both of us.

karey m. said...

i love love stories like this one. like yours.

it makes me so happy to see such happiness.

yay.

Anonymous said...

great day& great post
Droog design is a Dutch compand, they have a shop in Amsterdam.
I'm in Love in the chairs , have been looking for them for a long time, they come from France.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Utterly inspiring.

village mama said...

Congratulations on making your loving and writing dreams come true Amy. It's all about team work, isn't it. Next year at this time you will be that many more pages closer to completing your manuscript AND your boys will be that much richer for all the love you infuse each other with. XO

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails