Sunday, July 1, 2007

So Cool


When I would get moody and pensive at Ohio University- I would dream of going to this school: http://www.naropa.edu/index.cfm.
The Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics! YES!
I would have fit in there- I would have been a round little peg in a round little hole...dooblehvay. I dunno about that- It was in Boulder and I had no money. I also lacked the gumption to look into scholarships. I basically just wished I would teleport there. Anyhoo, there was this story today and it caught my eye-http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070701/ap_on_en_ot/odd_kerouac_reading

I would have loved to have been a part of this. I am so going to go find my old tattered copy and revisit that little piece of heaven from my youth.


The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails