Saturday, March 27, 2010

and decades seemed further than ghosts


Two nice things:

Last night I had dinner with my gals Michelle and Jenn and it was an awesome three hour plus spread that started with Mediterranean food and stretched out to vegan bakeries and then to a good old coffee shop full of real talk. The thing that was the best was when I was at the counter ordering from Ethan Hawke Circa Reality Bites in the flesh I could hear their laughter behind me in a small nook. I realized that hearing my dearest friends laughter is much like hearing my children laugh. There is so much joy inside of those audible expressions of people. And I really do float on it.

Also. Today I have been married to Joe for eleven years. This makes me smile so hard corners want to crack. Our family bed was ruckus and annoying this morning with spindly arms and legs causing me great discomfort yet all I could do was look over at this man who seems to always glow against the white sheets. He looks the same to me as he did on that amazing Spring day back when we had no idea what life really was and decades seemed further than ghosts.

back when we had no idea that someday we would be eleven years older
because time stood a bit still then
back when we had no idea
but tiny hopes that we would love so hard
as we were projected into the future

and here we are
and it's all good.

Happy Day my love.
xo
As Ever, Amy



image via ffffound

11 comments:

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

Happy Anniversary, Amy and Joe! Your love inspires me.

Kim Baise said...

Happy Anniversary to a beautiful Love!

Sheri Reed said...

congrats. so very nice.

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

You tell it exactly as it is. Beautiful.

happy anniversary to the two of you. <3

Unknown said...

aw, too sweet. happy anniversary! (and yes, yes, with the laughter!)

Elan Morgan said...

Happy anniversary!

swonderful said...

We are due at the same time and I thought I'd read your blog because I follow you on twitter. It is lovely. Super lovely. I subscribed. Happy Anniversary!

Jodi said...

This was wonderful, Happy Anniversary to you and Joe!

You are an inspiration!

180360 said...

gorgeously written. love that photo too! cheers to 11 more years...

Sizzle said...

This fills me with smiles and hope. Love is grand.

TexasBobbi said...

This post brought me to tears, in a good way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails