Friday, November 6, 2009

Sorta Teal

Twice a week I am going to throw down some reposts for nablopomo.
(originally posted on 2/3/09)

I would like to define it
When it comes creeping around
Give it a name
Or a reason
Explain it like a bad Rachael Ray recipe
Like the argument unresolved at midnight
Like the way carob tastes
But all I do is sling it over my shoulder and carry it around
Keenly aware of the way it feels
But unsure where it comes from
All I know is my mojo left town yesterday
Hitched a ride to some other lucky bastards house
Where he floats around the room telling stories
And making them all laugh
Heads thrown back
Where he takes the lady into a back bedroom and shows her
Most of Copernicus's truth
And then later makes art
Out of nothing at all


erin said...

oh Amy. Love.

Joanne said...

wow. Billy Collins ish. wow.

Kim Baise said...

i know what you mean.... the way carob tastes....

Alexis said...

I wonder where my mojo is. I hope it's having fun and comes back to me someday.


Related Posts with Thumbnails