Friday, October 9, 2009

hold down the future

Finn's bottom two teeth are about to fall out and I swear to god it freaks me out.
It freaks me out that he is old enough to tongue his naked gums soon.
A hole where his teeth once erupted as I rocked him back and forth across many midnights.
Across the vast canyon of babyhood that only lasted for like ten seconds when I turn my head and think about it.
When I turn my head and strain my left eye.

trying to see the past
trying to hold down the future

2 comments:

Alexis said...

It flies by. We have so many teeth coming out that our person Tooth Fairy--we call her Gladys--barely gets any sleep these days!

Kim Baise said...

A coincidence....my son's 2nd bottom tooth fell out yesterday. He couldn't wait to insert a krazy straw through the hole and slosh down some apple juice :) It's funny how the tooth fairy somehow seems to be more real to him than Santa Claus.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails