Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"I dunno. Get a pizza, watch "Degrassi Jr. High."


OMG.
OK. I found my summer go to dessert.
My pal Kate told me about this super easy and insanely good icebox pie.
Holy hell...Run to the farmer's market and grab some strawberries and make this today!
I did not use vanilla extract or a true pie crust- just whizzed some graham crackers and wee butter
in food processor and it was fine! Blueberries next time!


Strawberry Cheesecake Icebox Pie
1 cup plain fat free STONYFIELD FARM yogurt
1 8oz. package of fat free cream cheese
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup strawberries, diced
1 9" Graham Cracker Crust

Directions:
In a medium-size mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Blend yogurt and vanilla extract into this mixture. Fold in Strawberries, and pour filling into graham cracker crust. Freeze for 2-3 hours or until set. Top with whipped cream if you like, and allow pie to warm slightly before serving.

Yields: 8 Servings

Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories 150; Calories from fat 35; Carbohydrate 23g; Protein 6g; Fiber 1g
recipe from stoneyfield

title post- Chasing Amy 1997

7 comments:

ticklishfromadistance said...

This looks AMAZING. My kids will be so friggin impressed. I am in! Thanks!

Jodi said...

Your posts are so funny and wonderful. We're just starting strawberry season. I'm headed to the farm!!!!

Suzanne said...

YUM! i am totally going to try making that this weekend!
thanks for sharing :)

(p.s. i loved degrassi!)

nichole said...

Oooh, love this. Putting the ingredients on my list now. ;)

caitlin said...

So making this tomorrow. I needed a summer-ee (so not a word) dessert. Thanks! xo Caitlin

Tracy said...

I love the pie - no I haven't tried it but I'm lusting over it right now!

Also wondering if you've ever actually watched Degrassi Jr. High! The remake or the original??

Alexis said...

I want to eat that right now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails