Monday, May 11, 2009

working hard


work work work, originally uploaded by turnsharp.

I think I was suffering from some sort of depression from finishing five seasons of The Wire on DVD in less than a month. I love that show. I would burn my eyeballs and watch it late at night. I am rating this show right up there with Six Feet Under. It is on my laminated list of shows that I like to make love to.
Today kinda rocked though- and pulled me from the post traumatic stress of missing McNulty.
We won the etsy baby shower gift contest and we were interviewed for a local newspaper article about our wood toys.
Yeah, the work is hard but super sweet.
I think it is kinda cool that our boys are growing up in a house where they can learn a trade if they like. Sure they can rock it at college and I hope they do- but they can also move to some cool small town and be the hot carpenter perhaps.
They can carve out magic of their own.

9 comments:

Bees'netta said...

Yay! Congrats!!

Shawn said...

That's great!! Congratulations. Enjoy the moment. I think you will have many more to come, though. :)

village mama said...

awesome that you won! xo awesome that your kids have enterprising parents! xo awesome that the news is spreading! xo

Rowena said...

That's wonderful. Congratulations!

180|360 said...

If you rate The Wire up there with 6 ft Under, I guess I'm going to HAVE to check it out.

I am so happy that you are getting such great recognition. :)

The Redheaded Lefty said...

I almost left my husband for Avon Barksdale. McNulty was hot and all until he wasn't anymore. You're right---two best shows.

Lmarie said...

I'm finishing up your article right now! You'll see it all over town in next week's papers. :)

Heather Overby said...

I just found you. Your work is beautiful! I totally want one of your pieces for my little Stanley boy!

Heather Overby said...

I just found you and your work is beautiful! I totally want one of your pieces for my Stanley boy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails