Friday, January 2, 2009

It's FRIDAY I'm in LOVE/ Inspire Me Series #6

Follow the Bliss...

I want to introduce you to this gorgeous woman named Jennifer Judd-McGee.
She has this amazing blog called Swallowfield and I love love love going there. Jennifer is an artist and blows me away with her intricate and delightful collage work. This woman can do anything (hello mad sewing skills!!!) I swear and I just about fall right into her work.
I love staring at her pieces and I think 2009 is the year I must own one.
She is also a hip mama and does amazing cool projects with her kids and is a great photographer too! I know you will love her.

inspiring me:
brimming with hopefulness. i am so happy to be in two group gallery shows in our new president elect. i feel positively patriotic for the first time in my lifetime, and in january (at nahcotta and eyebuzz galleries) i will try to illustrate my hopefulness through my art - i'm working on that stuff right now and it is a fun challenge for me.

keeping it simple this christmas.
like almost everyone i know, my family is feeling the financial crunch this season, and we're trying to keep things really mellow with the gift giving. we're a handmade christmas machine around here at the moment - pretty much nothing makes me happier than doing handmade stuff with the kids, like paper chains, snowflakes, and making cookies. they are at such a great age (9 and 8) for being both willing and capable with elaborate handmade projects. and there is still a lot of magic happening here in regard to santa, which i love!

new (to me) tunes:
i'm completely loving bon iver and fleet foxes lately! a lot. there are also a good amount of holiday tunes in rotation around here right now. my favorite thing is to put on pandora with sufjan stevens holiday tunes as the main thread - i've heard lots of great mellow folky instrumental holiday stuff that way - the kind that you can hear a bunch without suddenly wanting to poke your eyeballs out. it's nice.

my favorite websites:

the morning news : great links and stories, i always stop and really look when it shows up in my feed
3191 a year of evenings: a favorite over the past two years, first with morning and now with evenings - i'll be sad when it ends.
supermarket: i am a seller on supermarket, but i have to say how much i love this site. it is beautiful, simple, and easy to navigate and find things. plus, awesome designers abound.

So I love this gal. I go all ga ga over her talent and I just know you will too. She is delightful and I know yr gonna love her. Read her blog and check out her shop today!

Thanks so much for sharing Jennifer! Kiss Kiss

Get me delivered to yr email xo


Momo Fali said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for introducing us to her.

Miss Aimee said...

oh!!! I love your blog!! thanks for visiting mine. I just added you to my daily reads! Happy day to you!!

Poppy and Mei said...

I am LURVING this series!
Supermarket, never heard of it 'til now...see ya in the hand made asile! ;P XXxx

Poppy and Mei said...

Oh &...My gawd! How gorgeous is her work? XXxx


Related Posts with Thumbnails