Monday, January 5, 2009

"Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all."


Today was the first day of Finnian's introduction to The Rolling Stones.
I am slowly working him through the canon of rock and roll
(you know like Chuck Berry through the Dead Kennedy's)
and he already likes some of the Stones- but today we sat through all the best songs.
We jammed the Gimme Shelter like mad folk and did some art to Wild Horses and ate lunch to Angie and you get the picture...

My quest for the month is to watch Gimme Shelter and Shine a Light.



Just like I would love to go back in time and reject mainstream American values and be a beatnik- I would love to also venture back for one day and hang out in the 60's with these sexy beasts.

title quote- Dead Poet's Society 1989

Get me delivered to yr email xo

pics via morrisonhotelgallery.com

6 comments:

Kim Baise said...

You're doing a great job Mama! You've got him listening to all the right/REAL music....Chuck Berry, the Stones...
My 5 year old's favorite right now is the Stones "Under My Thumb." He gets so excited whenever it comes on the radio :)
Of course I LOVE it too.
Keep Rockin'

liz said...

i found my way here from design mom today and wanted to tell you i think you are a rock star. well, at the very least a fun writer. so hooray!

I love music of the indie variety, but always felt there were genres i missed out on so i love the idea you have inspired for me to take that journey with my kids. i think i will start by calling up some friends that love jazz to get some new good stuff a chance at twirling in the air around here.

Joslyn said...

oooh me too lady. the rolling stones are so, so fab...

Heidi said...

I came by way of the big piece of cake (I enjoyed your post). And I got all taken in by your title courtesy of Dead Poets Society. I love that movie.

Anonymous said...

We're working on the Who with our kids right now!

village mama said...

Happy New Year mama! Isn't it amazing to rediscover while our children discover? Our big guy is so into Ray Charles' 'Sticks 'n' Stones', wild eh?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails