Saturday, May 10, 2008

it's that little souvenir of a colourful year

I was feeling that urge to make today. We went to the first outdoor farmers market of the year in our town this morning at 7:30am. We let daddy sleep in and had a blast walking around and thinking about all the yummy food that is back! Asparagus hello!
The annual plant sale was in full bloom and looking amazing.
Later the boys left to go spend the night with grandma and papa and Joe decided to take a nap...so I made this:
(I have been gearing up for my tag sale next Saturday and wanted to salvage some of the small scrappy stuff that I figured might not sell and would be tossed or donated. I thought it was a cool way to preserve some trinkets for the boys in an useful way.) How do we collect so much nonsense?




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Missed you today, we didn't wander up until almost 10:00. Too few veggies, too many plants at this time fo year. Until I knwo what we'll find in our yard, I'm reluctant to buy any plants (although I did get some tomato plants--but hey, they're only temporary)

Unknown said...

The Sundays!!

I love that mirror. Not only was it a cool idea but it turned out great.

village mama said...

Thanks for sharing your fun Saturday adventure. Great trinket mirror. XO

Regardez Moi said...

Hi Amy! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! Glad you like it :)

karey m. said...

that mirror! what the?! who are you?! who thinks of these things?!

oh, wait. artists think of those things. got it.

and, i'm telling you...those mothers' day discs? sub par? i would buy those! {especially if you could make 'em of capiz...get to work finn!}

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool. I love it with the paint on top... very cool.

Jodi said...

What a fabulous idea Amy! I love the mirror!

I'm glad you had such a fabulous day!

Momo Fali said...

You are so stinking cool I can't stand it!! Who would think of this?! You...that's who. I love it!

UK lass in US said...

That mirror looks great, really great.

Anonymous said...

You should send this in to Family Fun. They showed this in the pst issue-but they didn't spray paint theirs! Wow, yours is so much better!!www.pepperpaints.com

Jen said...

That is great and would look good in white, blue, pink, or just about any color. Creative!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails