Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm breaking through/I'm bending spoons






Some old pals came round for dinner tonight. Deliriously delicious people from our past remind us to not let life or small things separate us from the kind of folks that inspire and supply joy.








Today I introduced Finn and Blaise to REM. Finn raised his hands above his head and his fingers danced as he smiled. Blaise grinned and we listen to this song as we rolled around on the playroom floor. They were enjoying new music, synapses firing. I was back there in time. I dare you to be about my age and hear this song and not feel summer all around you, humidity thick and hanging. I dare you not to feel that quiet night for just a moment.

4 comments:

jess said...

Oh, I love this song. It does bring back such memories.. my college roommates conspiring to kill me because I played it over and over again. :) Okay, I was a dork. But it's still a very fine song.

village mama said...

great lounging feet pic

youtube responded w/'sorry no longer available' :-(

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite REM songs. Thanks for the reminder, Amy.

Old friends are wonders. There are many that I miss on a constant basis. Even though the reminder kind of hurts, I thank you for it.

<3

Anonymous said...

I love everything up to, and including Green. I may have to go buy the new stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails