Tuesday, April 8, 2008

And flew away/Everyday/They flew away

Pretzel letters on a Tuesday morning:

1 1/2 cups water
1 packet of yeast
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt

mix mix mix kids
small spoons stirring
flour a surface
divide dough
shape into letters or numbers
brush dough with egg wash
salt tops
bake 425 for around 10 mins

Easy letter recognition play
and yummy too


MamaBird said...

Love this! We used to make bread lions and animal pretzels this way when i was a kid, kosher salt mmmm... Sweet pics.

Liz said...

Should one of those flours be water?. I don't want to nitpick but I really want to try this!

amy t sharp said...

thanks Liz! I must have been a bt tired this morning!!!! xo

Andrew said...

Mmm, pretzels, I haven't made those in a while and I love your letter idea - maybe tonite will be pretzel night!

Also, just want to let you know that you are really inspiring, your whole family is. I hope that Tina and I are making Sophie's life as interesting as you guys are making Finn's life.

village mama said...

literacy and dough, our faves too!


Related Posts with Thumbnails