Monday, February 18, 2008

Think about direction/Wonder why you haven't before

An old cootie game
found under old newspaper today
another gift from the pack rat papa
I like to imagine his hands as small as Finn's
turning antennae round to fit in small holes
making Gran play with him
on old linoleum floors
It can blow the mind
He turns 60 this week and I am wishing I had a
treasure for him
I sometimes wish he and I could go back in time and
rewalk portions of our path
this is not going to happen
but I wish I could reach out and turn a dial that would
run a constant loop in his mind
a message of how much I love him
even if I have never been very good at showing it

4 comments:

vincent said...

This is Siennas favorite game. You have given your father the greatest gift of all and I am sure he knows this every time that he sees you and your BEAUTIFUL family... :)

Anonymous said...

As Vincent has stated.. you.. YOU my dear are the greatest most precious gift of all.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's very different from the version I grew up with! It's so neat that he was able to pass on a bit of heritage to you. And don't worry, I'm sure he knows you love him!

village mama said...

actions speak louder than words, so he must know. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails