Saturday, November 3, 2007

It's scaly under my love

It all started when I made a flippant comment to the lovely fluidpudding about her eczema and how it could be worse..it could be on her booty. Well, I now have my own private eczema and it is on my leg and my hand and my thass (that is my ass and thigh region that are joined like Pangaea to form super chunk). I am so sad. Mostly about it being on my hand. It is centered on my left ring finger and I want so badly to remove my wedding ring and coat my hand in Vaseline...but I only took my ring off that one time the firefighter had to cut it off when I was pregnant with my first son bc I had gained those 70lbs and all...I didn't like it. I am freaky and studied feminist theory and do not like to be told what to do...but I love to wear my ring. It makes me feel grounded. I have been married to this man for almost 9 years and for the first 5 years I wore only a simple platinum band bc we were avant garde and bought land with the money for a ring... I now have a lervly diamond ring but I just cherish that simple wedding band and the humble yet real beginning it represents. It just sucks that it itches like hell underneath all that good memory shit.
Anyone know some good remedies for eczema?

4 comments:

Avery Gray said...

I have the same thing, but my friend (who herself has eczema, as well as her kids) says it is just really dry skin. I've been told Vaseline works, or slathering your hands with moisturizer and wearing gloves to bed. Nothing's worked yet. My hands look like those of a woman twice my age right about now. It happens every winter.

Patois42 said...

I don't know of any good remedies. I hope you don't think you brought it on by being flippant. If that were the case, oh, the horrors which would befall me!

katekatenegotiate said...

elocon or another kind of steroid cream. i use it. water trapped under your ring makes it worse. you just need to take a ring break from time to time sometimes. but the cream you have to get. lifesaver.

pinkmydear said...

Girl! I am the poster child for eczema. I think I've tried every otc product and all the prescription shit. My fav. moisturizer is Cetaphil and I use a topical drug called Pandel a lot and some stronger stuff for flare-ups. Ask the dermatologist. Also, avoid really hot water, fragranced anything (at least for me), and cleaning products. We have rid our home of all things scented-- soaps, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, everything. Just be glad you don't have the scaly monster on your face. God, no wonder my husband is not hot for me all the time...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails