Friday, September 7, 2007

Goodbye Lucy

My dog died. Well, technically Lucy was my parents dog since 1998, but she was my puppy and I raised her up to a spoiled 2 year old and then moved to Greece and had to leave her behind. It was fair to leave her on acres and acres of green land in the country. I am glad that when Joe and I moved from Athens that we left here there. She was a well loved dog. She was my dad's sweetheart...He cared for her meticulously. She had not been feeling right and was due to go the the vet this morning. She was found in the safety of the old summer kitchen adjacent to my parents house. She was a wild fabulous dog. 120lbs of Lab and Dane and Rot. Gorgeous and fierce. Bye sweet girl- I miss you already.

3 comments:

vincent said...

I am so sorry... I lost my cat Shalimar when I was 18 or 19, due to a heart condition. After collecting all of my change, cleaning someones house for 20 dollars, and finally racing her to the emergency vets- where I somehow convinced them money was no object. There I was told she was pregnant and had to decide, her or the kittens. In the end the decision was beyond me, even when the Ohio State vet students came and she was on oxygen for the night. She just passed on. I know how painful it is... So sorry to hear...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. What a bummer. We lost Max last summer, and today, I moved a leather chair to my bedroom, and found some of his dog hairs inside the cushion. Sad.

Anonymous said...

OMG, girl, this breaks my heart! I can't believe it! Lucy lives in my memory as this force of nature--stretching out flat and heavy on the ground when she refused to go back in the house. She was too heavy to lift or push back inside, so I'd stand there and beg her and plead with her. She is so prominent in my memories of Athens. I am so sorry to hear she's gone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails