Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"we are simply passing through history. This, this *is* history. "



It was the time. Mama and boys French bakery summer planning session.
I still revert to type when it comes to the fall or summer as years of following the school calender imprints some sort of frantic lust to organize and plot ideas and plans on paper. I love it really. We are less strict in theory than last year as we are busier than that year. It is crazy how much has happened in one year with our little business.
But- we still have a summer to tackle. And as gran says, "It will be here before you now it girl."

Summer.
A summer that is the last summer for Finn really before he hits the world running and becomes a school aged boy. I swear as I type this thought- melancholy music explodes between my ears and Don Henley
tries to kiss me and sing to me in my mind.

It is all kinds of screwed up thinking he will go to school in months.
But he is still free to the world until September and he will dictate this summer again. He wants to study Space, England, and music. I hope to do this too as she makes it look simple and fun. I am excited about the summer.

I told him I can take him to a concert (how exciting- we must find a good one!)
and to England for our holiday this summer for field trips.
He is thrilled with field trips.
He is still thinking we could build a rocket or rent one for travel to Mars.
See. He still believes anything.

It's the most precious time I ever did watch anyone live.

title post- Raiders of the Lost Ark 1981

6 comments:

Kate said...

Yum, now you've made me hungry for La Chantelaine.

When I was a kid growing up on the Jersey shore it seemed so easy to know what to do with your whole summer... go to the beach! Seems to be so much more planning involved now that I'm landlocked. :(

blissfully caffeinated said...

This will be our last summer before my oldest heads off to kindergarten also. I can't even think about it; the tears will start to fall.

Hoping we have a great one also. Beach, camping, lots of swimming and a trip to the aquarium in Monterey are on my agenda.

jane said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I´ll add your link to corners. Can´t wait to see more from your corner. Cheers-Jane

village mama said...

Happy Earth Day Mama A!
It's so great that we get to spend each and every day with our kids. We will continue to homeschool, but I know I will understand the going to school pangs some day. Keep enjoying your summer adventure plans. xo

180|360 said...

when will you be in the uk? we'll be there in august. how fun it would be to meet up somewhere there...

Yayo said...

Oh, THE CHAT! I SO miss Worthington - grew up there and used to live just a couple blocks from The Chat off South Street. My mother grew up off Olentangy River Road.
Read your interview on Etsy and had to check out your BLOG! And 'lo and behold...we have a Finnian, too! How cool is that? My wee ones are too old for teethers, but will fave you in my Etsy account for a marvelous baby gift when the need arises!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails