Friday, April 17, 2009

""Son, you've got a panty on your head"

This guy was using a leaf blower today across the street at the church. It is like a back pack. I never knew. I am lost in the world sometimes. I know so much but so very little.
I actually only discovered yesterday that there were still some robots on Mars.
I played it off all nonchalant and shit to Finn. I was all calm and then I freaked out in the bathroom a little. The mars robots are still there? God I am self absorbed.
I wish they made leaf blowers that would suck the meanness off of folks and blow the gentle back in. I wish I had one and I would walk around with it on, perhaps paint it a sparkle purple and help the world bc there is just too much grump around.
There is too much of it and it drips on me sometimes and rubs off in the passing of coins and the bumping of shoulders.
I cannot believe the robots are still up there.
I wonder what they are finding.
I am going to attempt to pack for my girls trip to Florida that happens in just a week.
I am so pissed bc I can't find my tankini bottoms.
I am sure this has to do with the fact that one day a few weeks ago I ran out of underwear and had to wear them all day.
Who does this?

title post Raising Arizona 1987


Bug said...

I've never worn bikini bottoms as underwear, but now that I have the idea... >:)
I've actually gone out and purchased more underwear, instead of doing laundry... which is really stupid if you think about it. Like, how much longer did it take me to buy new ones than it would have taken me to wash a load?! :)

AmyD said...

ah yes, the running out of the underwear. i just declared that only fancy days get underpants on me. that helps. i love your blog. did you know "robot" stems from some russian word? my kid told me. it means "to make."

Ser said...

When I run out of underwear I have to wear my sexy underwear and I tug at it all day. But you strike me as one who might wear sexy underwear every day. Is that a creepy blog comment?

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I always wished for a superpower to make people be nicer to each other. I've also wished for an ability to make police cars stall...but all with the best intentions! said...

I found your blog yesterday and I love it! It's the perfect mix of quirky and cute. And it's honest.

I'm an undies collector, of sorts. I can't seem to throw any of them away. Seriously. It's sad.

I had a friend in college who bought a new pack of undies practically every week so she could delay laundry day. Too funny.

Rowena said...

I keep the old underwear that's all stretched out an holey for just such an emergency.


This all sounds normal to me. I guess I do stuff like that. I mean, there's just so MUCH going on in the world, how are we possibly supposed to keep up with it all?

Potty training alone takes most of my brain power.

blissfully caffeinated said...

You're cracking me up today. I have worn bikini bottoms in the place of my usual underwear. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

The title to this is one of my all time favorite movie quotes.

bernthis said...

I wish I had a leaf blower to suck up all the bad people and send them to a faraway land with other bad people

Alexis said...

Wait...there are still robots on Mars????

Never That Easy said...

Those leaf blower things always make me think of the Ghostbuster's weapons, to the extent that I've joked with my brother "Don't cross the streams!" when he's using one. His sense of humor disappears when doing yard work however, so he doesn't think it's all that funny.

Bikini bottoms as backup underwear sounds like a sound plan to me - ingenuity in action. :D

Stephanie said...

Better than freestyling it I guess.

liz said...

*sigh* i love that movie. there are so many great one-liners I pull off no one recieves them very well. while you're at it, make a purple sparkle machine that shares one-liners with the rest of the world so we can all be in on my own inside jokes.

take that diaper off your head and put it back on your sister.

you knowwwwww. WIFE SWAPPIN'

or that scream when the fingernails scrape the ceiling of the during the john goodman fight. i love that scene.

Amanda said...

I do it. I've also been known to wash a pair of dirty undies in the sink and blow them dry with my blow dryer in an emergency. And that's in my every day normal life. Not traveling. Just living.


Related Posts with Thumbnails