Monday, April 27, 2009

Like my own personal Gibraltar

It was amazing. I miss this space when I am gone.
My holiday was great!
I drank in the day and looked directly into the eyes of the women I have been fortunate enough to love for such a long long time.
These women are some of the finest- like solid rocks.
Like my own personal
Gibraltar.
I walked the beaches and ate oysters and slept for long stretches at a time.
I went from point A to point B without distraction if I wanted.
A really cool thing happened at home too! THIS.

But...when I came home it was all even so much better than a delicious weekend of bonding.
Blaise can say "cheeseburger" as he was no doubt taken to numerous fast food eateries while I was away. be barr ber (cheeseburger)
Finn has a wash of sun across his nose and his hair lightened more over the sunny weekend.
I bought him a ukulele and he looks like Jack Johnson in the backyard playing it now.

Joe looked devastating handsome when he came to gather me.
They all held out their hands.
There is nothing in the world like being missed.

pic via flickr

9 comments:

vincent said...

I am so happy that you are home safe and had such a wonderful time. Having lived in Florida, I miss it very much and am glad when anyone gets to go to visit. I only took my oldest shopping an hour from home yesterday and that is how I felt when I came home. There truly is no place like home...

Kate Coveny Hood said...

What lovely imagery. This is how I feel when I pick the kids up at daycare. They all scream mommy and throw their arms around my legs. I feel like the most desirable woman in the world.

Welcome home and congratulations on the interview. Very cool.

linwood avenue said...

featured seller!!! - you're so nonchalant. i almost pee'd my pants. loving that i have a front row seat to watch all this wonderfulness unfold for your little engine that could:)

erine said...

what a sweet post. I know what you mean about the kids eating fast food more often when you're gone. I once left my husband in charge of the kids for lunch and dinner and they ate at fast food for both meals.

erine said...

what a sweet post. I know what you mean about the kids eating fast food more often when you're gone. The other day I left my husband with the kids during lunch and dinner and they ended up with 2 happy meal toys at the end of the day...

Sizzle said...

Yay for the feature!

There really is nothing in the world like being missed.

craftymama said...

very nice! i seriously want to be missed by my guys. i've lately been feeling taken for granted... and a little holiday sounds nice to1

susiej said...

OH man... you rock.. You left your kids and lived to tell about it.
And, OF COURSE you're FEATURED!!!

Anonymous said...

where are we going next year, Amy Tum Sharp??? love, the hummer driver

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails