Friday, April 10, 2009

It's FRIDAY I'm in LOVE/ Inspire Me Series #16

So my inspiration today comes not from the blog world, but from the writing world.
I am lucky enough that after facebook stalking him he talked to me:
Follow the Bliss...

He's awesome and amazing and so talented.
A National Endowment for the Arts fellowship recipient, Moore has guest taught creative nonfiction seminars across the United States and in Europe. He edits the cool the internet journal, Brevity and is an editor for the anthology Best Creative Nonfiction (W.W. Norton). (um cool- you know the book finslippy was in!!!) Hello- do you check out Brevity? AMAZING!

He is currently teaching at Ohio University and is wicked hard not to head back home and build a house in the sticks just to be his student. You know how I crush on all the OU profs.
He is one of the ones. A person who I admire and someone who reminds me to follow my path. I want to write. I want to write. I want to make those stereotypical high school dreams ring true. I want to see the college misfit who had no problem announcing to the world her plans make it. I will. Inspiration is so helpful to this journey. Thank you Dinty!

From his website:
Still in Athens, teaching a crop of brilliant undergraduate and stunningly talented graduate students in Ohio University's BA, MA, and PhD in Creative Writing program.
I'm also fully enjoying my second year ensconced in the funkadelicious, hillbilly-h
Linkippie center of the locally-grown, locally-consumed, slow-food, goats-are-for-cheese, artisanal-salsa, our-farmers-market-rules, sub-culture.
Still working on my veerasana pose and riding my Trek bike.

Do you have artists that inspire you? Have you ever reached out to them?
Who would you write a letter to?
Who would you thank?

I just adore him and I hope you will read some of his work (Between Panic and Desire) and check his website and his
Flickr Photo Stream.
Tell him that crazy Amy Turn Sharp sent you.


village mama said...

Congrats on reaching #!6! Thank you for introducing us to an author!

Alexis said...

I feel like an idiot because I thought Dinty Moore was just a line of soups!


Related Posts with Thumbnails