Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dip yr eggs in some beets- Go Green for Easter.


Easter eggs, originally uploaded by ( Torsten ).

If you wanna be all hip and green for Easter go with natural dyes.
(Skip the healthy sounding natural organic food coloring. It is pricey and gross. My friend Angie told me about it and it is true. Gross.)
I like beets, blueberries, paprika, turmeric, and others.
Just add 2 cups of water and a dash of white vinegar to the natural foods you choose and boil. Submerge the eggs for about 40 minutes or longer. Pretty. Natural. And takes longer than a paz kit. I like things that stretch out activities. I like to hold my little ones awe for as long as possible.

(I use about a cup of the natural foods and 2 tbs of the spices)

6 comments:

jae said...

I did this too...and posted about it. I love how they never come out quite the same....makes it even more interesting for the kiddos.

Angella said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing, Amy.

Lotta said...

Wow I love the saturated color!

Aimee Greeblemonkey said...

GREAT idea! Can I steal this for Savvy Source?

180|360 said...

I couldn't agree more! There is just something so special about a natural dye.

katekatenegotiate said...

i tried this last and
meh
not so colorful.

tried all the things you mentioned and the eggs were not so colorful. i think that the ones in the photo are the paz variety. now if someone would invent some "green" dyes, that would be nice.

the best thing though of the natural bunch that worked for me were the blueberries wrapped in rubberbands. the rest, not so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails