Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Can you dig it? I knew that you could!"

I may from time to time add a song here that lives in my dad's jukebox.
I grew up with one in the living room.
I did not find that cool until much later into my life.
I thought my parents were weird.
We had a vintage coca cola machine in the kitchen too.
My dad collects things. Old cars. Old signs. Weird stuff.
He also drove me to school in an El Camino.
I only have started to realize how cool he is. My dad.

title post- Saturday Night Fever 1977


Headless Mom said...

Very cool!

Kim Baise said...

And that's why you turned out to be so cool and unique and not in a box and why we dig your blog. Thanks Pops.

180|360 said...

How funny! My dad drove me to school in an El Camino too. I used to be so embarrassed!

blissfully caffeinated said...

We had a slot machine in our dining room for a while when I was a kid. Which doesn't make my parents cool, just habitual gamblers.


Alexis said...

I'm going to have to go hunting on eBay now for jukeboxes! And maybe for a Camino too!

nicole said...

your dad rocks

Momo Fali said...

Way cool. Now we know where you got it.

msmollie said...

My step-dad drove me to school in baby shit green Pinto. There's no way for that to be cool.

Ashley said...

I freaking love The Eagles, and I am PROUD OF THAT. I was glad you had this song on today---helped me. Your dad sounds awesome, like mine was. Cheers to cool dads.

alli b said...

i CAN dig it.


Related Posts with Thumbnails