Monday, March 30, 2009

While taking a break from prepping taxes (oh the hell) I tried on some spring clothes.
I need something cute to wear to Finn's 5th birthday party this weekend.
Finn said he wanted to take my picture. I said OK.
We had a fashion shoot with yo gabba gabba music blaring.
These are the things we do when Blaise naps.
These are the small moments of time reserved just for him now that he is a big boy and thinks sleep is for the weak.

These are the tiny slices of a day that sew us together
that wrap us tighter in love everyday
that make it impossible for me to even sorta
remember life before him

was I even alive back then?

yeah, my legs are hairy and my floor is so dirty that it is appalling- but he took some good shots for almost five I think-


Alexis said...

Excellent photos and excellent skirt!

Rowena said...

Great photo shoot.

Great idea. I should let my kids do a photo shoot of dancing. My almost 4 yo especially loves to borrow the camera, and has come up with some good things. The 2 yo doesn't quite understand the process. But I usually sit in the chair and wait for them to be done. Not a fun photoshoot.

sarah said...

Who cares about the hairy legs or dirty floor when you have a family to have fun with! You can shave all you want when they grow up and leave the house.

village mama said...

I love this kind of fun. xo

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I think he's got talent. And I love your shoes.

Sizzle said...

I actually thought you'd set up the self timer at first. Good work for a 5 yr old!

Lotta said...

Gorgeous skirt. Gorgeous lady!

Miss Aimee said...

beautiful pictures! xoxo

craftymama said...


Kate said...

Haha! Nice photo shoot. Kickin it up! It's nice to have a little one and one time with the older one. I feel the same way with my sons.

mary said...

You are adorable! I love the outfit!

Jodi said...

You guys are adorable!

Kim said...

You never cease to amaze me.. You are flawless.. and beautiful..

I love those time I can spend with my 4 year old while the 2 year old naps.. precious precious memories.. GREAT photos..

krista said...

those pictures are amazing. they are full of life, love, the eyes of a child.
they are life, lived and full.
i'm going to stop shaving my legs so that some of that will rub off on me.

EmmaJ said...

where did you get the orange skirt? It's so happy!


Related Posts with Thumbnails