Monday, March 9, 2009

"I was overcome with a powerful feeling of optimism."


trying on spring garb, originally uploaded by turnsharp.

I am so glad this dress still fits me. I am struggling to romanticize the spring of my wardrobe. I am unhappy with the way I pull and tug at my tunics and light dresses as they just don't fit right. But, this dress is just fine. It was hanging there all sad and limp at the thrift store about 4 years ago and hot damn don't I have a granny that doesn't blink an eye at sewing tulle all around the hem to give it some va va vooom. And don't I have a granny that slapped me on the ass when it was finished and I twirled round on old rugs in her living room.

title post- Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle -1994

12 comments:

Amy said...

I wish I had a granny like that.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I LOVE your dress. You look gorgeous.

vincent said...

I wish I had a granny like this! Very pretty, and your hair is looking nice also!

mary said...

Whoa. You look hot, Missus!!

village mama said...

When my sister and I were younger we'd whisper 'hola' to each other any time we'd see a hot guy. Now that I'm married I still think 'hola' when I see a hot person. So Miss Amy: HOLA!! xo

Our Green Nest said...

Cool granny you have!

Patois said...

I wish I had a granny like that, too. And you are hot, mama!

hippo brigade said...

I'm so loving your wavy hair!

xoxo

hellokjames said...

hott hott hott!

Headless Mom said...

You look smashing!

Blue Yonder said...

What I would not give to sip mojitos and cut a rug with you and your sassy granny. Good times, hot mama!

nkp said...

Damn, you are so workin' that dress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails