Sunday, February 15, 2009

""When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side 1 of Led Zeppelin IV."



I loved this song so much and it reminds me of my townie friend John back in college.
We worked together at a cafe and would smoke camel lights on the back concrete stoop.

He was my good good friend for a little part of my life.
Isn't it odd how you can have very important friendships that just fizzle out?

Like the way a sparkler ends... not with a bang but a whimper.
I guess we float through life and can't always hold on?
We would make each other mix tapes and even though I have no idea where he is nowadays I venture to say he does not use the word playlist.


title post- Fast Times at Ridgemont High 1982

5 comments:

blissfully caffeinated said...

I love this song, too.

Sometimes it seems like life brings us people we need just for a short time, and then the relationship fades when the need is no longer there.

Renovation Therapy said...

Oh Gavin!!!

The Redheaded Lefty said...

Okay, I hate this song but I love (and I mean, LOVE) Led Zeppelin. About fizzling friendships---they really have to be mourned, you know? In college there are so many. In my case, so many close friends who watched me do really stupid and fun things. It'd be fabulous to be under one roof with all of those people again.

Amanda said...

Oh...you mean "Puppy!" Didn't you smoke on the lenai? I saw your toys at the market here in Cincy yesterday and I felt like running through the store screaming, "I know her!!!"

amy turn sharp of doobleh-vay said...

yes I meant puppy - miss him
and you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails