Monday, February 23, 2009

""I want you to get swept away. I want you to levitate. I want you to sing with rapture and dance like a dervish.


Marrakesh - The Souk, originally uploaded by Ewan Thomson.

Kate Winslet made me want to know more about Sufism when I watched Hideous Kinky. I think it was more the setting of Marrakesh that turned me on and made that movie stay in my mind for so long. I love it when a movie camps out in yr brain forever due to cinematography or lines or unknown reasons. I am anywhere but here today in Ohio's harsh coldness. I am thinking of Marrakesh and I am also thinking of whirling dervishes.
If yr a whirling dervish you love everything and throw away yr ego and well- you dance.
I know that the dance is highly spiritual and has tiered meaning and ritual attached to it and all- but to think that they are so happy and spinning and free just sounds good today.
I am going to whirl in my living room after nap with my boys.
Wanna join me?

title post- Meet Joe Black 1998

2 comments:

Momo Fali said...

Back in the days before kids, I followed the Dead during the summers and everyone was a whirling dervish. Cold beer, sunshine, good tunes and whirling dervishes. Those were good times. Thanks for taking me back.

Alexis said...

I'm going to dance with the girls in my living room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails