Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"It can be a real adventure having a life."

Bits of words that inspire me today.

(some waterboys lyrics)
I spoke about wings
You just flew
I wondered, I guessed and I tried
You just knew
I sighed
And you swooned
I saw the crescent
You saw the whole of the moon
The whole of the moon
The whole of the moon

(The Title of a John Irving kids book)
A Sound Like Someone Trying Not to Make a Sound

(A line I read once in a writing book by Natalie Goldberg)
What if you threw a love affair and nobody came?

(Something from The Kitchen God's Wife)
Still, from that day on, I began to look at everything in my life two ways, the way it happened, the way it did not.

title post- The World According to Garp 1982

1 comment:

Alexis said...

This is not inspiring, but it is a weird quote from The Stand that has been stuck in my head for about 25 years: "And she handed him a dollar bill crawling with death."

I like your quotes better!


Related Posts with Thumbnails