Thursday, January 17, 2008

when my whole life is on the tip of my tongue



Finn has been hearing entirely too much complaining about finances and money in this house. We are moaning and moaning about two mortgages and the housing market and bullshit like that. Today I stopped and started 2008 in a more positive way. We made a 2008 helping bank and are going to save until November and give it to the children's home in our town. We are going to focus on something more uplifting. We are not poor...we are just burdened right now. If I can buy organic milk then I should shut up. Finn has his own banking system now that involves pilfering pockets , couches, and floors for coins that he stuffs with glee into his large bank in his room. He said today that he understands he will now divide his treasures. He says it is sad that some kids don't have anything. I agreed. We will start tonight as I plan on leaving coins all around the floor when the baby goes to bed. I found this site today that made me want to make lists for upcoming gift giving and crafting. I will take that list and the 10 others I have created this month and staple them to my forehead.


5 comments:

village mama said...

This morning I said the 'F' word, twice...yesterday I didn't swear but I whipped a box of toys across the office, both kids in attendance...


We have a prosperity pot, in it we put every single coin we find on the street. We've been at it for about 3 years. Now our eldest sees a penny on the street and shouts gleefully, 'look a penny for our pot'!

Last week on one of our 'treasures that I seek walk' we found six pennies and 3 matching Made In England mugs.

Kimmylyn said...

My heart rages with envy when I read your posts, but in a totally awesome way. You make me want to be a better person. I am totally adopting this idea for my house. Thanks so much. I will post about it sometime after this weekend giving you total props!!

kay said...

you are just like me,lol
I will send food parcel to Finn

bipolarlawyercook said...

Finn's clearly learning it from someone. He's a lucky boy.

Alix said...

I enjoyed that post. Thank you.
I was nodding inside with agreement at it all, then the last line...that's going to become my motto.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails