Thursday, January 24, 2008

Show a little inspiration/Show a little spark



We recycled the Design Within Reach catalogue today.
It was "O" day and Owl starts with "O" and that is what we made. Funky owls~
I also got two patterns in the mail this week. I am sure it will take me until summer to make these things as I start to shake and breathe heavily whenever I approach my machine. I really need to take advantage of the free classes at the Stitching Post. I really need to put it in my head that all the crafty bitches around me once did not know how to sew- they learned!
I am going to attempt this cool winter activity today that Molly has on her site
as we are feeling the inside funks here too...
My mother comes for the weekend...She will be here in the morning to help me with party planning and a million other things and then after the birthday party for Mr. Chub she will nestle them both in her car and drive them down Rt. 33 for the first night at Gran and PaPa's house for Blaise. I am a bit sad to think of him away from me and Joe- but temporary freedom is on the tip of my tongue and it tastes so freaking good.

11 comments:

village mama said...

your writing, your photography, your use of music, your angles (verbal & photographic) scream 'I'm crafty' - can you hear the Beastie Boys screamin' 'She's Crafty'!

Get close to the sewing machine, she won't bite, just lovin' purrs. Have fun!

village mama said...

Forgot to type: 'those "O" owls rock'!!!!!

Kimmylyn said...

I bow to your ability to do EVERYTHING.. :)

Oh, The Joys said...

Those owls are great! How did you think of that? Did it just come to you?

My friend Elke is a big Dw/iR catalogue woman too.

Amy Turn Sharp said...

we were just talking bout "O" words and I have a bit of an owl fixation right now. I am on the hunt for an Owl print for home...Etsy has tons of cool owl things...I wanted to purchase items form DWR but then I forgot I was poor and just deconstructed instead xoxoxoxo

Marilyn said...

O..O, how I love your owls! When my daughter Josie was little we'd make funky things in the letter of the day, the theme of the day, etc. It's really a fun time in your life you won't get back - enjoy!

piper of love said...

Sweet gull, relish in the semi-alone time... it is a sweet thing!

Fabulous owls, and I wish I had time to sew again. You are brilliant!

vincent said...

Yeah well, you are ahead of me... I finally sat down at my machine that Ty got me for CHRISTMAS, and cannot even get it to freakin' work... I don't get what I must be doing wrong... Oh well- I hope I figure it out in time to sew Sienna a prom dress... LOL Wish me luck...

erika said...

I was trying to figure out what to do with my copy of Design Within Reach. Your idea is perfect! I love it!

Mummy said...

Just popping over from crafty crow to check out those cute owls. But had to stay and leave a comment when I read your thoughts on the sewing machine.

I, too, break out in hives when I think about finally getting a lesson from my mom or sister. And really, what kind of women are these that haven't taught me the basics yet? Slackers. :)

Emily Moore said...

I've always loved that Mary Chapin Carpenter song.

These owls are too cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails