Friday, January 11, 2008

Outside the door, she took four more

today has been a bit off
finn must be feeling better
he is back to being mean to blaise
they are both crabby wicked wee ones
i hope dad reads my mind and brings food, wine, and a DVD home
then as they nap
for like 12 minutes
i found this photo of you finn
did you really once suck on a diddy as you call it?
were you once small like blaise?
was there a time you had never spoken to me?
how can time pass like this?

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart) -ee cummings


Kimmylyn said...

I am envious of your talent with words. You have a way of pulling real life words together with feeling. I am not explaining it correctly I know, but for me it is a pleasure to read your blog!!

Amy Turn Sharp said...

Thank yo so much babe! That made my day! :)

Grace said...

Sounds exactly like one of my days! going along awfully until something reminds me to slow down for a second and appreciate how precious they really are. xoxox

Momo Fali said...

Just yesterday I was thinking that in 10 years, my daughter will be 19! Seriously, do you have any idea what kind of a head trip THAT is?

piper of love said...

Do you ever look at your kids and wonder where they came from? See how lovely they are, even when they are rotten, and wonder how these amazing beings came from you at all?

Happens to me all the time. You are such a great Mom!

bipolarlawyercook said...

sorry he was making it rough-- hope the telepathy worked, and have a restful weekend.

vincent said...

Aww!!! Wait until he is 16 years old and you run across a picture like that... If that doesn't make your heart and your tummy do flip flops!!! :) Good, good mommy!!!

Hippo Brigade said...

Love what you wrote on the chalk board.


Related Posts with Thumbnails