Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song/and I'll try not to sing out of key

Most of my friends don't blog. I think they like to read my blog, but they kinda raise eyebrows about the particulars of why I am doing it. Some of them think it is odd to post mundane and sorta private things. Some of them prefer me to my doobleh-vay site and want my mouth to tell them things instead of reading about it at lunch. Some of them like to keep up...But when they ask I repeat robotically:
for daily practice
for my writing
Yet, I think it has become more than that really. It is really my place to go. It is what Virginia Woolf talked about; my room of my own. It is where sometimes I just spout off and sometimes I am Shakespeare's sister eloquently turning it all round in my mind. It is much more than I ever thought it would be. A really wonderful part of this blog is how I have forged connections and friendships through these keys. I think I understand now how people can find love on the Internet. I have found through this blog the lesson the world is trying to teach me
We are more alike than we are different
One of these people I have had the pleasure of connecting with is Piper.
She is an amazing mum far away from me, but if not for geographical fate..we would have been very close. Her boys would play with my boys. I don't just entertain fanciful thoughts, I know it would be that way. She tagged me for this meme...Here goes...
Name something you do everyday:
Put the kettle on
Name 2 things you wish you could learn:
be able to jam out an Indigo Girls song on the guitar
sew well
Name 3 things that remind you of your childhood:
She-Ra Princess of Power
driving across the US with my parents
fleetwood mac
Name 4 things you love to eat but rarely do:
calamari
mussels
sushi
french onion dip
Name 5 things/people that make you feel good:
nordstrom
clarins beauty flash balm
my college girls
traveling alone
my gran

Yr it!
village mama
Kelly
Avery
Kim

12 comments:

Kelly O said...

Oh SWEET. I was just saying today that I've been so busy there's little time for blogging. And I really regret that. Thanks SO much for the writing prompt.

3 things: me, too!

Kimmylyn said...

Piper is freaking awesome. Loved getting to peek behind the wizards curtain. :)

Momo Fali said...

You totally nailed it. Blogging is a PLACE. It clears my mind, it's an escape. Thank goodness for it!

Now, about this geographical fate thing...I'm just up the road you know?!

Amy Turn Sharp said...

momo
You need to coordinate a night out with the MC girls! We should have din din :)

Avery Gray said...

Oh, this sounds like a good one! Count me in!

BTW, loved your answers! ;o)

MYKIDSREGISTRY.com said...

I am new to blogging and I only blog on mom to mom blogs.

My husbands says he has lost me but I am not sure if he really minds because as I am typing he has the whole couch to himself as he watches the IFC channel in peace and quiet.

I enjoy meeting new friends and sharing mom stories.

My friends are not bloggers. They kind of turn the nose to it. One of them said to me "I received a friendship request..who is she and why does she want to be my friend?" I said "I don't think she wants to meet you at Starbucks or anything...just connect". I thought it was funny.

Amy Turn Sharp said...

well yr welcome here anytime and I am checking out yr sites now:) My email is posted- email me anytime!

MYKIDSREGISTRY.com said...

HEllO again,
See you are from Worthington. I lived in Bexley for two years. I worked for a big retailer in Columbus. Take a guess?? My son was born in Westerville. We miss Ohio every now and then! Nice place for a family.

Tara R. said...

My friends are the same way about my blog... they just don't get it... and I have met some of the best people blogging... Oh yeah. Fleetwood Mac - yes, french onion dip - yes, yes!

kaylovesvintage said...

lazy me again,I should really start ,lol

little dresses said...

I just found your blog tonight! Lets make a deal, I teach you to sew well and you teach me to write well. LOL! I STINK STINK STINK at writing! I just don't get it.

Lizzie said...

Well put. I couldn't agree more about blogging. Everyone needs to feel like they are part of a community. I feel kind of funny that my real life friends know so much more than they used to because they read the blog...kind of nice though because then we get to talk about what's going on in their life right away.

This is my first time to your blog. I think it's great! see you round!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails