Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So take the photographs/and still frames in yr mind




I really like the cookbook Apples for Jam. I have been looking through it this past week and salivating over some of the good ideas. My friend Kate brought over a scrumptious blueberry cake she made yesterday from the book. It was placed in front of us and the four children and three adults devoured it in moments. Last night I made a steak pie. I made it for Joe as it reminds him of a bit of UK food, but I placed a pastry F on the top of it and told Finn is was F pie. He ate like a starving person. I like baking more and more. I mean, I am not as afraid of making things from scratch like I used to be. Pie crust is really just a bunch of things squished together and cared for a bit right?I found this old giant picture ( it is like 3 ft long at least) when we moved into our old house. I Thought the frame was cool. It has grown on me even though it has never been on our walls. I think about the people and the faces in the photograph. It is old. I bet most of these kids are dead. A lot are very old. I think about what they thought about in this picture. How many dreams ran round their minds? Who had secrets? Who had demons? How did their lives unfold? I am thinking of calling Muskingum College and asking if they would like it...I wonder if they have an archive? Yeah, this photo makes me wonder...

7 comments:

Kimmylyn said...

I love that photo. I am sure it is equally as captivating in person. Imagining their lives and how they turned out..

PS.. that pie looked heavenly. So your a kick ass Mom, author, poet, photographer, pole dancer and now you throw chef on top.. where oh where do you find the time??

kay said...

I like Tessa Kiros and I want to bake more also, let's try it togehter

Amy Turn Sharp said...

I only cook when my hubby wrangles the children and I scream- "get them out of here" if they try an dcome in the kitchen...I am ruthless when I bake :)

Carmen said...

Hi!
I had to check out your site after your comment on Bossy's post about the ad for Asian Brides.
"Valentine's Day gift for hubby. Check"
Hilarious.

Cool site. Where the heck did you do the pole dancing workshop? Looks like fun!

village mama said...

We, I mean I, the always hungry mom would have delighted in a piece of that pie. You lucky people!

Great photographer. The school will be delighted with your 'donation', perhaps they'll offer a cash thank you ;-)

Buffy said...

This is fabulous. I love old photos.

wornoutwoman said...

You should put that pic up on ebay. Who knows what child of one of those kids may stumble upon it. What college did it read in the left hand corner? I couldn't tell...but I bet if you googled it you could get some history. Great post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails