Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I come to you defences down/with the trust of a child

Just like the day I was 2.5 years old and obviously a bit down..I am in the mud today.
I got a rejection on a query yesterday and it made my doubt myself for an extended evening time frame. The thing is I am fully aware of the way of the world and know that rejection letters pile up on even the greatest writers desks...it still stings. It bores little holes into the bubble of creativity and wonder in my mind and makes me eat chocolate. I am lucky enough to have met Dawn. She is a real life
bring home the money writer girl and I already worship her. She has taken me under her wing a bit and I am thankful for this. I know she will encourage me and that helps. I also am cranking out this novel every evening and I am certain that the words appearing on the screen are worthy. You would want to read a coming of age story about a small town misfit who has trouble finding peace in the world right? You would relate to a woman who wishes so badly she had two lives to live? You would pause at Barnes and Noble, finger the spine and sit down yr shopping bags to open the book right?
You would wouldn't you?
I have to write this story and I think I also have to challenge myself to not give up on myself when it comes to sending out another query. I will. I will.
I am going to go now and throw myself on the floor and let my boys climb on me and I will tickle them and they will tickle me and I will feel better. The mud is already drying a bit just thinking about them.



7 comments:

village mama said...

I'm so sorry that you are feeling rejection sting.

It sucks so bad eh?! I was dealing with that same issue last Thursday. I'm going to BCC you on the rejection rebuttal I came up during last night's sleepless night.

Enjoy the mama and kid snuggles/giggles and around good times.

Hippo Brigade said...

Wow. I must commend your efforts--writing a novel is a big effin deal. I always wanted to do that, but I never thought what I had to say was all that interesting. But I would read your novel, yup, i would. Keep it up.

Nissa said...

I think it's awesome that you can even write a book! You rock! Don't ever give up!

(Kim from Jogging in Circles blogged about ya, so I came to read! Glad I did!)

bipolarlawyercook said...

If you wrote instructions on how to clean an oven, I would buy it.

Kelly said...

rejection can sting for a long time...but follow dear Dawn's lead and plunge right back in. And keep writing!

Our Crooked Tree said...

Time with my boys always recharges me and reminds me why I do what I do...what do I do anyway?:) The book sounds like a worhty endeavor; for you and the reader. keep it up!

Stephen said...

Catching up on older blog reads. Not sure if anyone else caught the Peter Gabriel reference, but I did. Cool. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails