Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride




Finn has a virus and feels "ever so sick".
We have been doing a lot of book reading, video watching, and couch play as he calls it. As I sat and surveyed the state of my home...
OH MY GOD I LIVE IN FILTH
I thought about efficiency and making life easier.
I put together a little sicky box for portability around the house. It has been a good idea for two reasons.
1. It makes him feel special.
2. It keeps him out of the playroom and that means he is not germing up all of the baby toys and keeps me from running around up and down the stairs bringing him objects of desire.
Wondertime had a great little kitty activity
I included this and some other printables for Finn, some books, some art supplies, play dough, flashcards, sponges and watercolors, stamping kit, and a few other bits. It is cool and I will stash it under the stairs and refill it after the illness.
I know it is not some new idea, but I had not thought about it until yesterday and it really makes life easier- like when you travel with kids and take the time to create a travel kit. Like when you actually pack yr diaper bag and keep wipes in the car. Like how Target now sells sub par but necessary wine in small juice boxes. Anything to make it easier helps.

5 comments:

Kay said...

poor little one, have to get that underpants book, guess it's a good one

Amy Turn Sharp said...

yes it is so cute
from UK sister in law
she always buys us fun books

dailytannenbaum.com said...

I can't even imagine. I have trouble packing my own purse.

Kay said...

I saw it one BBC, there will a trip
to Kent soon, to go book shopping,lol

Stephen said...

Now you have that song in my head. :) Hope he feels better quickly! :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails