Monday, December 3, 2007

My eyes are bleeding

I read like three books at a time. This week it is four. I really f with my brain doing this. I lie in my bed devouring the books until my eyes burn burn burn. I have been doing this since I was a kid. I love pushing it to the level of pain that feels like blood will soon pour from my eyes. I have even started to wear my reading glasses. My dreams last night were filled with puff pastry, coriander, sexy times with Irish men, aspergers syndrome, and veiled ladies.
I am reading:
1.Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson (thanks Jenn!) Loving it as she has a croque monsieur recipe along with a ton of other quick and snappy meals. I am into it with pen and paper.
2. Persian Girls by Nahid Rachlin A memoir I can tell will be tragic as it unfolds.
3. Tara Road by Maeve Binchy Yeah, I caught the tale end of the Lifetime movie with the perfectly coiffed Andie McDowell and I wanted to read it. I like it.
4. Look me in the Eye by John Elder Robison I am IN LOVE with this book so far- I think this guy can write and I prefer this to his bro's tale of insanity. (Running with Scissors) Laughing out loud. It makes you look through a new window this book. Get it.

5 comments:

Joeprah said...

Why Irish men?

piper of love said...

Hi sweet gull!

I have a couple of favorites that I'll share, maybe you haven't read them? But, killing three books a week means that you've probably out read me by the time you were 15!

I love

- She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb
This is the most incredible book, it will move you.

- The Pull of the Moon, by Elizabeth Berg (probably my fave of all time)

- The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. This book is the most intense, and brilliant thing I've ever read, but it's a very hard read, worth every second spent trying to comprehend. I highly recommend it!

Amy Turn Sharp said...

J-
Tara Road is set in Ireland and US...
Pipes- I love Wally Lamb- great book!!! I am so going to the bary today for others- know I will like em!

SusieJ said...

This is my ALL time favorite thing to do too. I read several books at a time, and people wonder how I can do it with kids -- but how can I not? Feeds my soul. I'm reading Julia to Julia right now -- kind of intriguing.

Amy Turn Sharp said...

Susie
Is that the book from a blog about Julia Child?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails