Sunday, December 30, 2007

Indigo Girls - Columbus 10.21.06 - Watershed

I was at this concert- so close that I could see the halos bouncing off their heads- I am pretty sure that the terrible background singers were not us as I was quite pregnant and not consuming cheap beers.

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good laugh
I've been a bit mardy the last couple days
I don't wanna face facts
my investment house is turning into simply an unsold house
and an additional mortgage
on the shoulders of one fine man
I should go back to work
I don't want to
I am here and it feels good
I think it is as it always is
really about me
I am finally
after all these years
writing that novel
and I don't wanna stop
tonight I drink wine and cry
and listen to the Indigo Girls and
find myself so very self absorbed
naughty mummy


Momo Fali said...

NOT naughty. I'm right there with you. Just went back to work after nine years at home with my kids. It's hard. Affecting the whole family...negatively. Stupid bills.

BipolarLawyerCook said...

Nah, you're not naughty, ya gotta do the internal housekeeping every once in a while.

Would it be worth it to rent the house until the market improves, or is that more work than you want?

Amy Turn Sharp said...

momo- I know they are a bit stupid! :) Are you stressed?
BPLC- Yes, we are thinking of options come feb
It is brand new and pristine- really don't want to rent it out though..
the trials and tribs!


Related Posts with Thumbnails