Saturday, November 24, 2007

thank you note day


Our neighbors gave Finn this little gem yesterday
cleaning out basements unearths treasures
we are making tomato ice cream and turnip apple juice in his tiny new kitchen
merci
merci
merci
I am reading this book "Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History" by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich and it is rocking my world. I had the phrase bumper sticker three cars back (old Volvo I miss you) and I am so so enjoying the book. I was close friends with a Virginia Woolf scholar during my formative years and this book goes into the Shakespeare's sister theory so beautifully. I know my friend A would love this book. I wish I had her address nowadays. It smacked me back into my feminist theory classes and opened my eyes a bit wider to books I had forgotten I loved.

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

I love the little kitchen, and turnip apple juice sounds great. Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History" is a book I must read. Thanks.

Amy said...

I haven't heard of that book, but it sounds like one I'd like to check out!

village mama said...

I'm thoroughly enjoying your archives.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a very similiar stove at a thrift shop near my moms' for $10. Today I'm planning to start refurbishing it. You and your gang are fortunate yours is in such nice condition. I'll document my creative journey, soon ish...

Amy Turn Sharp said...

yes please- show us!
It has become a favorite play thing of Finn's!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails