Monday, November 26, 2007

Make a recycled advent board





I paused and fingered the shiny mirrored advent calendar at Target...I longed for Garnet Hill's treasures...But, I decided in the spirit of handmade holidays that we would make one. Here it is...
old wooden board, used baby food containers, glue, paint, scraps of fabric, some numbers printed off computer, and candy from the elves... Finn painted the plastic containers and then we hot glued em to the board and decorated the lids and TA DA...snapped on the lids! Easy peasy a three year old can do it....
Happy Holidays :) Shiny decor worthy advent calendars can wait- this is the real deal. We are sitting on the floor looking at it now.




3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is precious! Thank you for sharing this.

Amanda said...

Not sure if my comment worked, beautiful advent calendar. I may just try it!

poet with a day job said...

OMG I absolutely LOVE it. Fantastic idea!!!!!

PS: Santa is completely scary. Like clowns.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails