Sunday, November 25, 2007

Father Christmas scares the hell out of my kid



perfect day
my birthday
We had one of those days that sometimes are few and far between in the days of kid rearing....everyone was happy and content and the day was a constant flow of good feelings and Joe and I and looked at each other and were humbled by the realness of our little life....These are our kids and they are amazing. Smiling and cheerful and full of beans. Finn gave the elf 5 bucks and told her to give it to a poor kid for a toy for Christmas...I cried in the street. I cried because he listens to the things I am trying to teach him and although he is so small and so slight against the world, he is wise.... I could live this day over and over.

6 comments:

Avery Gray said...

That's the best gift any mother could hope to receive for her birthday! I'm so glad it was a good one!

Linda said...

Oh my, that's what kids are all about! Those days - the perfect ones - are few and far between, but damn, they do come along!

creative-type dad said...

OK, that Santa picture should be framed...

vincent said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I am glad you had a day like that, you are right- sometimes they are a rarity. Sienna used to do that for Clause too. Last year was the first day she didn't cry. That is the thing about kids that people have to realize- good AND bad, they soak it all in. It does make your heart go pitter patter when you realize that at such a young age, they already have picked up how to make a difference... Good job Mommy and Daddy!!! :)

Joeprah said...

Funny and touching. I love this post!

Amy Turn Sharp said...

dear bmg I accidently deleted yr lovley comment- I am sorry- thank you so much yr kind... feel free to post again!! :)amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails